By: Alexandra Bocian
High View Park Enhancements Continue
Arlington County Parks presented continued enhancement plans for High View Park at the November meeting of the Civic Association. Proposed park improvements (contingent upon budget) include:
- New plantings and enhancement pavement
- Permeable pavement eliminating potential for standing water
- Re-orientation of the basketball court.
- Irrigation and renovation of the baseball field
- New fencing and additional seating
- Better access to the amphitheater and addition of overhead covering
- Improved lighting
Renovation could start in April 2016 and run for 10-12 months. Although this will mean very limited access to the park during this time, the result will be worth it. Stay tuned for more details.